Side-impact collisions, also called T-bone or broadside crashes, can cause catastrophic injuries. When a vehicle slams into the side of your car, there’s little protection. The impact force can easily crush doors and ribs, damaging organs. Whiplash and brain injuries are common, too.
At Pasternack Injury Law Group, our legal team has secured favorable verdicts for T-bone accident victims in San Diego and surrounding areas. We understand these complex crashes and use accident reconstruction to prove fault. Our personal injury lawyers fight aggressively against insurance companies on your behalf while you focus on recovery.
Don’t go it alone. With years of experience representing injury victims, we have the resources and dedication to get you maximum compensation. Contact us today for a free case evaluation – we don’t get paid unless you win.
Common Causes of Side Impact Collisions
Side impact collisions are a frequent type of car accident, and understanding their common causes is crucial for road safety.
Here are some key factors contributing to side-impact accidents:
- Failure to yield right of way – When a driver fails to properly yield to oncoming traffic at a stop sign or intersection
- Running red lights – Vehicles entering intersections after the light has already turned red
- Improper turns – Making risky left turns into oncoming cars or wide right turns into traffic
- Lane drifting – Moving out of a lane without looking/signaling and colliding with a vehicle in the next lane
- Speeding – Excessive speed makes it harder for drivers to react and stop in time to avoid T-boning another car
- Distracted driving – Activities like texting or adjusting music divert attention from the road and hazards
- Drowsy driving – Fatigued drivers have slowed reaction times that prevent avoiding side collisions
- Impaired driving – Intoxicated drivers have poor judgment and control, increasing side-impact risks
- Reckless driving – Changing lanes abruptly, tailgating, and other reckless behaviors raise the chances of T-bone crashes
- Poor visibility – Bad weather, dirty windshields, or sun glare can block views and lead to intersection collisions
- Mechanical failures – Vehicle issues like brake problems or blown tires reduce control and the ability to stop/swerve
Being aware of these factors can help you become a safer driver and avoid contributing to or becoming a side-impact collision victim. If you’ve been involved in such an accident, an experienced car accident attorney can assist you in determining fault and pursuing a fair settlement.
Types of Injuries From Side-impact Collisions
Side-impact collisions can result in various injuries and losses for accident victims.
Here are some common types of injuries that may occur in these accidents:
- Whiplash: Whiplash is a prevalent injury in side impact collisions, where the sudden impact causes the head and neck to jerk forward and backward rapidly, leading to neck pain and stiffness.
- Neck and Back Injuries: These accidents often cause strains, sprains, or more severe injuries to the neck and back, which can result in chronic pain and limited mobility.
- Head Injuries: The force of impact can cause head injuries, ranging from concussions to more severe traumatic brain injuries (TBIs).
- Spinal Cord Injuries: In severe side impact collisions, spinal cord injuries can occur, leading to partial or complete paralysis.
- Psychological Trauma: side impact collisions can also result in psychological trauma, such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) or anxiety.
It’s essential for accident victims to seek medical attention promptly to diagnose and treat these injuries. Additionally, consulting with an experienced car accident attorney can help you understand your legal options and pursue compensation for your injuries and losses.
Seeking Compensation For Side-impact Collisions
If you’ve been involved in a side impact collision and sustained injuries and losses, seeking compensation may be essential for your recovery.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Economic Damages: These include medical expenses, property damage, and lost wages due to time off work.
- Non-economic Damages: Pain and suffering, emotional distress, and the overall impact on your quality of life fall under non-economic damages.
- Punitive Damages: In some cases, punitive damages may be awarded to punish the at-fault party for gross negligence or misconduct.
An experienced car accident attorney can help you navigate your side impact accident case, negotiate with insurance companies, and determine the compensation you may be entitled to receive. Don’t hesitate to contact an attorney for a free consultation to discuss your case further.
Why Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
After a side-impact collision, the necessity of a car accident attorney becomes evident. Establishing fault in these cases can be complicated, demanding thorough evidence collection and analysis.
Insurance companies often offer inadequate settlements, but a skilled lawyer can negotiate for a fair compensation package covering medical expenses, lost wages, and property damage.
Additionally, the legal process can be overwhelming for those facing severe injuries. A car accident attorney brings skill, resources, and peace of mind, allowing you to focus on recovery. Consulting with a San Diego personal injury lawyer is the prudent step to protect your rights and secure the compensation you deserve.
Contact a San Diego Side-impact Collisions Lawyer Today
After a side-impact collision, understanding your rights and options is paramount. Whether it’s determining fault, negotiating with insurance companies, or seeking fair compensation for your injuries and losses, the guidance of a car accident attorney can make all the difference.
At Pasternack Injury Law Group, we’re committed to helping you through this challenging time. Our experienced team is ready to provide you with the support and legal experience you need.
Contact us today for a free consultation to discuss your case and take the first step towards securing the compensation you deserve. Your recovery and justice are our top priorities.