Interstates pose unique dangers not found on other roads. Vehicles routinely travel at very high speeds, often surpassing posted limits. Multiple lanes merging on and off ramps demand quick reflexes. A brief lapse in focus at 65+ mph can have disastrous results.
When serious wrecks occur on interstates, injuries are frequently catastrophic or fatal due to the tremendous forces involved. Multi-vehicle pileups happen as distracted drivers fail to brake in time. Trucks with heavy loads require a much greater distance to stop, magnifying hazards. Road debris also poses unavoidable threats at high speeds.
If you or a loved one suffered injuries in an interstate accident in the San Diego area, you need dedicated legal advocates. The personal injury attorneys at Pasternack Injury Law Group have helped countless crash victims maximize compensation through verdicts or settlements.
Common Causes of Interstate Accidents
Interstates pose unique risks to drivers. While driver error plays a major role in crashes, environmental hazards and mechanical failures also frequently contribute.
Poor driving decisions lead to many tragedies. Speeding is common as drivers feel comfortable with higher limits. Distracted driving causes eyes to wander. Drowsy driving, tailgating, and unsafe lane changes also spark wrecks. Any lapse in focus at 65+ mph can have disastrous consequences.
Debris on the road, slick conditions, construction zones, and weather-related visibility issues endanger drivers. At high speeds, hazards allow minimal reaction time. Unsecured cargo falling from vehicles causes chain reaction pileups. Fog, rain, or glare can quickly turn the road treacherous.
When vehicle components fail at 65+ mph, control is lost instantly. Wrecks result from blowouts, brake failure, detached trailers, steering issues, and more. Inadequate fleet maintenance increases risks, especially for loaded rigs.
Understanding accident causes allows drivers to take precautions, but even responsible drivers can become victims through no fault of their own. An experienced attorney can help ensure fair compensation when that happens.
Types of Injuries From Interstate Accidents
The high speeds on interstates result in severe, life-changing injuries for many accident victims. While minor fender benders may lead to just a few scrapes or strains, most major interstate crashes cause significant trauma, requiring extensive medical treatment and long recovery periods. It’s critical for victims to understand the range of possible injuries to make informed decisions about their health care and legal rights after an accident.
- Minor Injuries – While some escape with just bruises, scrapes, or muscle strains, most interstate accident victims sustain serious trauma.
- Serious Injuries – We frequently see broken bones, traumatic brain injuries, internal organ damage, and other critical injuries requiring hospitalization and surgery. Victims face a long road to recovery.
- Catastrophic Injuries – Spinal cord injuries, amputations, severe burns, and paralysis are not uncommon after high-speed collisions on interstates. Sadly, some auto accidents result in wrongful death, while accident survivors must cope with permanent disabilities.
- Emotional Trauma – In addition to physical harm, accident trauma can have profound psychological effects. Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression, anxiety, and other issues may develop and require ongoing treatment.
The physical, emotional, and financial toll of these accident injuries can be immense. An experienced personal injury attorney can help victims recover the compensation they urgently need to heal and get their lives back on track.
Seeking Compensation for Interstate Accidents
If you or someone you love has suffered injuries in an interstate accident, you have legal rights. Our compassionate auto accident attorneys can help you recover full and fair compensation so you can move forward.
Accident victims may incur substantial costs for medical treatment, property damage, lost income, and other hardships. We fight to obtain every penny owed so clients can focus on healing and resuming their lives.
Compensation can include:
- Reimbursement of medical bills, both current and future
- Lost wages from missed work time
- Loss of future earning capacity if disabilities prevent returning to work
- Repair or replacement costs for your damaged or destroyed vehicle
- Payment for damaged contents or cargo
- Costs of household services accident victims can no longer perform themselves
- Pain and suffering damages
If negligence or misconduct contributed to the crash, punitive damages may also be warranted to punish the at-fault party and deter similar behavior.
An experienced personal injury lawyer understands how to calculate and document all damages so clients receive maximum compensation. We negotiate aggressively with car insurance companies and won’t hesitate to file an accident lawsuit if that’s what it takes.
Why Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
Pursuing a personal injury claim is complex and emotionally taxing. When you have been involved in an accident, having an accomplished car accident lawyer on your side levels the playing field against big insurance carriers and at-fault parties. Our dedicated car accident attorneys offer compassionate guidance and skilled legal representation.
- We know how to investigate an accident scene to prove fault and negligence.
- Determining all liable parties takes diligent analysis of police accident reports, accounts from witnesses, and other evidence.
- Insurance companies have dedicated adjusters trained to minimize payouts for car accident claims. We refuse to let them take advantage of accident victims.
- Accurately calculating the full value of a claim requires experience. We use proven methods to quantify both economic and non-economic damages.
- Negotiating fair settlements demands strategy and tenacity. We’ve recovered millions of dollars for injury clients over decades of practice.
- If a satisfactory settlement can’t be reached, we’re fully prepared to take a car accident case to court. Our reputation as respected trial lawyers motivates reasonable resolutions.
Don’t go it alone against the legal and insurance system. California law limits how long car accident victims have to file injury claims to two years, so call us right away for a free consultation with an experienced car accident lawyer.
Contact a San Diego Interstate Accident Lawyer Today
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries in an interstate accident, Pasternack Injury Law Group’s experienced car accident attorneys can help. For years, our family-owned firm has fought passionately for accident victims like you.
We offer compassionate guidance and strong legal representation to help you recover the maximum compensation you deserve. Reach out to our firm for a free consultation. Our team will stand by your side and be the support you need during this difficult process.