Failure to yield accidents often happen in an instant but leave injury victims dealing with the aftermath for months or years. At busy San Diego intersections and crosswalks, negligent drivers who don’t yield the right of way cause serious collisions every day. These crashes frequently lead to major injuries like broken bones, spinal damage, brain trauma, and more.
If you or a loved one suffered harm in a failure to yield accident, you shouldn’t have to bear the costs alone. The at-fault driver – not you – should be held accountable through a personal injury claim or lawsuit. However, pursuing the compensation you deserve can be complicated and stressful.
That’s where we can help. Our dedicated San Diego personal injury lawyers have extensive experience proving negligence, negotiating fair settlements, and taking legal action if needed. We will handle the complex legal process while you focus on healing.
Common Causes of Failure to Yield Accidents
Failure to yield is a major cause of accidents in California. These accidents happen at intersections when a driver fails to yield the right of way.
For example, you may have the green light when another driver blows through a red. Or someone turns left without looking and hits you head-on. Common causes include:
- Running stop signs or red lights
- Failing to yield to pedestrians at crosswalks
- Not yielding when making a left turn
- Distracted driving, like texting or eating
No matter what caused it, the at-fault driver broke traffic laws designed to keep everyone safe. Their negligence led to a serious collision and injuries that will affect your life for months or years. You shouldn’t have to pay for their mistakes.
Types of Injuries From Failure to Yield Accidents
The injuries caused by these accidents vary depending on the circumstances. Some common ones include:
- Whiplash – This painful neck injury results from your head jerking violently back and forth. Symptoms like stiffness, headaches, and arm pain can linger for months.
- Broken Bones – The force of the collision can break bones throughout your body, especially in your arms and legs. You may need surgery and physical therapy for full recovery.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Back and neck damage can impair movement, sensation, or bowel/bladder control. Some spinal cord injuries result in partial or total paralysis.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs) – Your brain impacts the inside of your skull during the crash, causing bruising, bleeding, or other damage. TBIs lead to ongoing issues like headaches, memory loss, mood changes, and more.
- Internal Organ Damage – Seat belts and airbags protect your head and spine but can’t stop your internal organs from jolting upon impact. This can lead to internal bleeding, lacerations, or other harm.
Our experienced injury attorneys have helped clients recover damages to aid in the recovery from all of these severe injuries and more. We fight to get you full and fair compensation so you can move forward after the accident.
Seeking Compensation for Failure to Yield Accidents
After a failure to yield accident, you’ll likely face extensive medical treatment, lost income from missed work, and pain and suffering. Don’t let the at-fault driver off the hook – hold them accountable by seeking compensation.
Here’s what’s involved:
- Proving fault and negligence – Police reports, witness statements, and accident reconstructions help show the other driver violated traffic laws.
- Documenting your injuries and losses – Keep records of medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, and other costs to claim rightful compensation.
- Filing insurance claims – The at-fault driver’s insurance should cover your damages up to their policy limits. We handle the negotiations.
- Taking legal action if needed – If insurance won’t pay adequately, we’ll file a personal injury lawsuit to fight for your rights.
The claims process is complex. But you don’t have to handle it alone. With our dedicated legal team on your side, we’ll make sure you receive total compensation so you can move forward after this life-altering accident.
Why Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
After any car crash, it’s essential to consult an experienced car accident attorney. But failure to yield accidents bring additional challenges, like:
- Determining fault – Liability is often disputed with collisions at intersections or turns. Skilled attorneys prove the other driver’s negligence through comprehensive investigations.
- Valuing injury claims – Severe injuries like spinal cord damage or brain trauma lead to expensive, lifelong care. We work with medical experts to quantify future costs.
- Negotiating with insurance – Companies notoriously minimize injury claims to lower payouts. Our litigation experience gives us leverage in settlement talks.
- Navigating legal processes – Failure to yield cases often involve litigation if insurance won’t pay reasonably. We handle complex filings so you can focus on healing.
With so much at stake, it’s risky going it alone. Our dedicated accident attorneys provide the legal firepower needed to recover damages after a failure to yield crash. We level the playing field against big insurance and make sure you get optimal compensation.
Contact a San Diego Failure to Yield Accident Lawyer Today
If you or someone you love has been injured in a San Diego failure-to-yield accident, we at the Pasternack Injury Law Group want you to know that you don’t have to endure this fight alone. As a family-owned firm with over three decades of experience representing injury victims, we have the dedication and resources to help you recover maximum compensation.
We will meticulously investigate your crash, build an airtight claim proving negligence, and fight relentlessly – whether negotiating with insurance or through litigation – to get you every dollar you are rightfully owed. Having secured large sums for past clients, we have the track record to back up our commitment.
If you’ve been harmed by an irresponsible driver who failed to yield, take back control of your life. Call us now or submit a request online to get a free case evaluation. With compassionate advocates by your side, you can emerge from this stronger than before.