Car Accident Back and Neck Injury Settlements
That rear-end collision left you with more than just a banged-up bumper. When your body jolted, your spine took the hit. Now you’re stuck with debilitating back and neck pain that makes daily life a struggle.
You may be wondering if you can get compensation for your injuries. The answer is yes – car accident settlements are possible for back and neck injuries.
In this blog post, we’ll break down what goes into these types of settlements and how much compensation you may receive. With the right legal help, you can get your life back on track after a devastating crash. Keep reading to learn how to maximize your settlement and get the recovery you deserve.
Factors That Determine Settlement Amounts for Neck and Back Injuries
If you sustain neck or back injuries in a car accident, several key factors shape the value of your potential car accident injury settlement:
- Injury Severity – More severe injuries with long-term impacts like herniated discs, fractures, spinal cord damage, or nerve damage result in far higher settlements than minor soft tissue injuries. Invasive treatments or surgery also increase value.
- Lost Wages – Inability to work and lost income due to injury play a major role. Quantifying reduced future earning capacity also boosts settlement amounts.
- Preexisting Conditions – Insurers often try to attribute pain to prior neck/back problems and reduce payouts. Strong medical evidence linking symptoms solely to the accident and showing how they aggravated your preexisting condition is crucial.
- Liability Percentage – The greater the liable party’s fault for causing the crash, the higher your potential settlement. A skilled car accident lawyer proves maximal liability.
- Location – Settlement values vary based on laws, typical jury awards, insurance practices, and cost of living in different locations. Knowledge of the local landscape maximizes your payout.
By quantifying these factors, we build a strong claim for full compensation reflecting the true extent of your losses and suffering. An attorney who understands these settlement value drivers is the key to maximizing your recovery.
Typical Car Accident Neck and Back Injury Settlement Ranges
While every motor vehicle accident case is unique, we can provide average settlement ranges for common neck and back injuries, given our extensive experience handling these claims.
- Minor soft tissue injuries, like whiplash: $3,000 – $10,000
- Herniated discs: $5,000 – $30,000
- Spinal cord injuries: Up to $1 million
Cases involving surgery, lengthy recovery periods, permanent impairment, or substantial lost wages due to injury generally result in higher settlement offers.
At Pasternack Injury Law Group, we have a track record of securing millions in compensation for back injury victims.
Let our experience work in your favor.
Securing Fair Compensation for Pain and Suffering
A large portion of neck and back injury settlements involves compensation for “pain and suffering” – meaning payment for the disruption, discomfort, mental anguish, and loss of enjoyment of life resulting from the injury.
Insurers often try to minimize pain and suffering payouts, but we know how to build a strong case proving these very real damages. We work with medical experts to thoroughly document the ways your injury has limited mobility, activities, independence, and quality of life. Descriptions of how simple daily tasks have become arduous due to chronic pain are compelling evidence.
For severe injuries with permanent impairment, pain and suffering awards can exceed hundreds of thousands of dollars. We understand how to accurately quantify non-economic damages so that you receive fair compensation. Our negotiating skills and willingness to take unreasonable insurers to trial give you leverage for maximizing your settlement and long-term well-being.
Should You Settle Your Car Accident Case?
After a car accident, you’ll eventually need to decide between accepting a settlement offer from the insurance company or pursuing a car accident lawsuit.
Opting to settle means receiving compensation faster, often within months, without waiting years for a trial date. A settlement also provides a guaranteed payout amount, whereas a trial verdict is uncertain and could potentially award nothing. Settling avoids the demands of trial preparation and stressful testimony. As trial nears, insurers often raise settlement offers to motivate settling over a risky high jury award.
However, settlement amounts are typically lower than potential jury awards. Going to trial opens up the possibility of much higher damages, establishing accountability, and setting a legal precedent to aid future victims. But, trials have major time commitments, uncertain outcomes, and high legal fees.
Carefully consider the pros and cons of both options before making a decision.
When to Hire an Experienced Personal Injury Attorney
If you’ve suffered substantial back or neck injuries in a car accident, hiring a personal injury attorney is critical.
A knowledgeable lawyer can help in the following ways:
- Thoroughly investigates the accident independently by gathering police reports, speaking with witnesses, reconstructing the scene, hiring experts, and building a compelling case proving the other party’s negligence caused your injuries
- Adeptly navigates negotiations with insurance adjusters looking to minimize payouts in order to maximize the settlement value you receive
- Handles the entire burdensome legal process for you so you can focus fully on recovery rather than gathering records, fielding calls, and filing motions yourself
- Leverages their proven expertise and track record of delivering fair results when demanding just compensation for you
- Understands how to build leverage and maximize compensation for spinal cord injuries based on experience with similar cases
- Allows you to devote energy toward healing while they handle complex legal matters on your behalf
While no attorney can guarantee a settlement, having an experienced personal injury lawyer fighting for you improves your chances of receiving the maximum compensation you deserve.
Get the Compensation You Deserve – Contact Us Today
If you or a loved one suffered neck or back injuries in a California auto accident, an experienced attorney can help maximize your injury settlement so you can move forward.
At Pasternack Injury Law Group, we have extensive experience with accident cases just like yours. Our reputation with insurers and dedication to clients give us the ability to demand fair settlements that fully reflect the losses you’ve suffered.
We handle every aspect of building your strong claim so you can focus on healing. Contact us for a free case review.